Sunday, April 5, 2009

Superhero Groups: There is no I in Team...

For the most part, superheroes tend to work alone, but still there are several that are involved in superhero groups. One such group is "The Justice League of America". This Group made up of several superheroes originally beginning with heroes such as Superman, Aquaman, The Flash, and others. It has spread to an extensive list in the modern era and will surely continue to grow as there is a need to join together for their valiant cause. As of yet, there has not been a box office film made, but there is indeed one in the works, "Justice League: Mortal", to be released in 2011. Another group of superheroes worth mentioning is the X-Men. Since 2000 this superhero group of mutants, put together by Professor Xavier, has been slashing up the big screen in 3 movies. A much anticipated prequel, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is to be released in May of this year. The last superhero team I will discuss is The Watchmen. The recent Hollywood interpretation showed a much "darker side" of supereherodom. To be honest I was not familiar with this group before the movie was released and therefore it caught my attention. I was somewhat disappointed in this movie. It had its moments, but overall it was not one of my favorite superhero films for several reasons. Conclusively, these superhero groups show us mere humans an important lesson. That even though they have superhuman abilities they know that they can't take on the baddies all by themselves and they know when to ask for help. Yes, these heroes may have their inner struggles and disagreements, but when push comes to shove these heroes push those issues aside and get to work. This week, try and follow suit in the path of these groups and take pride when working together for a common cause; you may be surprised at what you can achieve.

3 comments:

  1. Very well done, and very true, how they have to work as a team. Im a huge super hero fan as well. Also if you want to know if the know X-MEN Origins is anygood I saw it online already, so just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas, dont go ruining it for the good people who want to see X-men Origins in theater. I would like to ask Zach, Now that the movie has been out for a month and been downloaded over 75,000 times in 3 days, do you think it will hurt the superhero movie? My opinion is Yes, Most people who watch these films, are "tech savy" and will have seen this show online, instead of paying the 9$ to see it in theaters. I cant wait for the person who released it to be caught!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say I have watched superhero movies with superman in them but I did not know he was in the Justice League. I honestly could not tell you more than five superheroes in the Justice League and I know this sounds dumb, but I used to think Wolverine for X-Men was called X-Man. I know, I did not read a whole lot of comics when I was younger. I do agree that more can come from working with a group of people than doing something by yourself.

    ReplyDelete