Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spiderman: My Favorite Hero...What's Yours?

This is it folks....the final blog. This week, I decided to go back to my roots and discuss superheroes. This is not just any superhero, but this one in particular happens to be my favorite. Spiderman has been around since 1962, created for Marvel Comics by Stan Lee. After Peter Parker gets bitten by a genetically modified spider he gains some pretty awesome powers. He has the ability to climb walls and shoot webs from his wrists and do other cool tricks with his web slinging abilities. So far in the movies Spiderman has defeated the Green Goblin in Spiderman 1. In Spiderman two he defeated Dock Ock. In Spiderman 3, the most action packed Spiderman movie to date, Spiderman defeats Venom, Sandman, and Harry. So why is this superhero my favorite? Besides being the coolest, I find him the easiest to relate to. I know I can't climb walls or shoot webs from my wrists, but there are some things we have in common. Peter Parker has been portrayed as a notorious nerd and admittedly, I can relate. He breaks into random dance....well okay not like that, but you catch my drift right? Unlike the almost indestructible Superman or the extremely wealthy Batman, Peter Parker is an average guy much like I am. For me Spiderman is the best superhero, but there are many who may disagree finding qualities in other heroes that they feel are more to their liking. What I am getting at is, even though they're fictional characters from the pages of comic books, off the big screen, and from video games, they all have qualities about them that we find noble and sometimes relatable. The superhero storylines have a unique way of adapting to the likes and tastes of the generations of readers and viewers...and it's not too outlandish to think that future generations will be able to relate to them the same way I and many others have.

2 comments:

  1. I must say, spiderman is one of the best, at least to date, Cant wait for the new IronMan, but Ive heard there are people who have already bought their spiderman 4 tickets. Talk about devoted fans. Always enjoy reading ur posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. spiderman is awsome. Spider man the movies not the best thing ive ever watched. I would have to say my favorite super hero is the human torch, or perhaps the hulk. even tho the hulk is kinda a bad guy, depending on the day. Also for those of you keeping score at home, batman and iron man both awsome, but both not super-heros. just rich people who spend lots on technology and are good at fighting.

    ReplyDelete